Here we go.

07 February 2013

tooth and nail

I had been feeling gloomy for about a month.  I figured the toxic mix of being sick, my Aunt's illness & subsequent passing, plus winter -- despite fighting SAD tooth and nail -- got the best of me.  Yesterday was the first day in awhile that I felt good.  I feel it all changed for the better when I started making plans with my family & friends.  Perhaps there is some correlation between my keeping busy & my cheerfulness contentment.  I don't know if that's healthy, but there it is.

I love everything about this video:

Here comes the weekend.  I've got grand ideas to make some curtains for the bedroom.  I've yet to find any that I like for purchase, so I'm going to give it an earnest DIY go by trying Shibori.  It's so visually appealing and gentle, perfect for sleeping chambers.

Photo credit: honestlywtf.com

Since we can't be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, I suppose the next best thing is to attend the SoMa Mardi Gras Parade.  

Photo: SoMa Mardi Gras Parade

I can't resist a marching band!  Maybe we can get some oysters on the half shell and poboys for supper? We missed the Randazzo's Kingcake deadline, so I will have to make my own.  The one I made last year was complete garbage, so this year, I'm just going to make my amazing cinnamon rolls, hide a trinket in it, and sprinkle the colored sugars on top.  Sorted.

On Sunday, we're headed to Bauxite for Tết celebrations.  It'll be the first time that I've seen my mum in a minute and I've got some hella meditating I'd like to try out.  Also, food.  Lots and lots of Vietnamese food.  Chúc mừng năm mới indeed.

In case it got lost in my last post, I highly recommend this blog called APRES SKI INSTRUCTOR.  I almost cannot stand how good it is.   


Today, I wondered if I carry too much stuff with me everywhere I go.



 photo 43ECC97D-0686-4030-AFA8-26C9B74144DE-4955-00000379FAF1FEB9_zps8259dbaf.jpg
Photo by Brittany


1 comment:

Alannah said...

That homemade corn dog pic makes me pretty happy.

You need a jolt of sullen teenager to perk you up! In other words - when the heck should we come down? March 2 is open for me - as is March 16.

PS - I love you. And I've been loving this blog called The Wilder Coast

Blog Archive